Four Virus is one of the most prominent scamming viruses out there. It scares the users and makes them download unnecessary software, often riddled with malware. If you are someone who is a victim of Four (4) Virus and are looking for how to get rid of it, you have struck the gold mine of articles.
Four Virus- Everything You Need to Know
First of all, it is a FAKE ALERT!! There’s nothing like Four Virus, and it is just a scam alert shown to get some bucks from your pocket. However, if there is something fishy named Four Virus, you can read about it below.
Once that happens, your browser may frequently redirect you to sites displaying alerts of the sort:
• “Your system is heavily damaged by (4) viruses!”
• “Your system is heavily damaged by Four viruses!”
Four Virus is also present if you see a message displayed like your device is 28.1% damaged because of harmful viruses from new adult sites.
The Four Virus in itself, however, cannot harm your data and files. It may hamper your browsing experience, display unwanted and annoying ads, but that’s it.
In the next section, we have outlined how you can remove Four Virus from your PC.
How to Remove Four Virus
There are a few ways by which you can remove the Four Virus from your computer. We will be discussing all these methods in detail. Let’s get started!
1. Remove Four Virus Automatically
You can use a program such as Spyhunter or Reimage Plus Software that automatically scans for malware and spyware threats and will remove the Four Virus from your computer.
• Download Spyhunter from here. You can also go for Reimage Plus Software that will do the same thing here.
• It is self-explanatory, so all you need to do is install and scan your computer and remove the virus.
• The software will do everything for you, so you need to locate the Four Virus manually and delete it.
2. How to Delete Four Virus Manually
You may also find the Four Virus yourself and remove it from your computer. It may be more time consuming, but if you know what you’re doing, it is more thorough, and in the process, you may also remove some additional spyware/adware.
• Click Start and search for Control Panel. Open it.
• Go to Programs, and click on Uninstall a Program.
• Find Four and similar applications in the list of programs and remove them.
• Click OK to save the changes.
Further, you should check your default browser extensions and the ones that are installed.
• Open your Default Web Browser.
• If it’s Google Chrome, for example, click on the three dots and select Settings.
• Under Settings, find Extensions.
• In the list of extensions, find any suspicious-looking extensions, and then remove them.
• Once you do that, your PC will most likely be rid of Four Virus, as it can sometimes be present in your Browser Extensions.
After that, reset your browser as a last measure to make sure.
That’s it! If you follow these steps, the Four Virus will be removed from your Windows PC!